Saturday, May 26, 2012

Food Makeover Success

I realized today that life has been so overwhelmingly hectic the past two weeks that I've neglected my blog stalking and writing. After spending hours catching up on my favorite reads, I figured I would update you on my last post about the healthy skin diet.
It has been almost two weeks since I started my new diet and I am shocked at the results. Now I'm kicking myself for not taking a before picture of my skin so that I could show the difference after only a few weeks of changing what I eat. I've had several people (including my mother) comment on how great my face looked this weekend... and that is without makeup which is more than a big deal for me!
Over the past two weeks, this has been my daily menu:
Breakfast:
  • Starbucks Iced Coffee with Non-Fat milk and lightly sweetened (I need my caffeine!)
  • Kashi Almond Flax Chewy Granola Bar (300mg Omega3s!)
Snack
  • 1/4 cup of raw unsalted all natural almonds
  • Fresh fruit: pear, apple or orange
  • 8oz. water
Lunch
  • Spinach salad with fresh mushrooms, almond slices, craisins, avocado, and light raspberry walnut dressing
  • OR cottage cheese and pineapple
  • Diet Caffeine Free Coke
Dinner
  • Grilled Tilapia or Cod
  • Beans or Zucchini
  • Spinach Salad with almond slices and vinaigrette
  • 8oz water

1 comment: