Friday, August 5, 2011

Hello, Tax Free Weekend...

Hello Tax Free Weekend! 

Right now I'm having to fight the urge to shop because I know that there will be some amazing sales in the next two weeks. But just the idea of not having to pay pesky little sales tax tugs at the shopaholic in me.

Hopefully you've been able to find a shopping cart full of good deals on school supplies this week. I apologize for my lack of posting over the past few days, but several things have kept me from the blogging world. First, I moved into my new house and have been in unpacking overdrive for the past 5 days. And on top of that, I've been living without cable and Internet until they come hook it up this afternoon. The need to blog has been worse than my need for a daily Diet Coke.


One of the shopping deals that I took advantage of this week during my unpacking breaks was actually at Office Depot. They have their two pocket folders on sale for 5 cents and if you're a teacher, you can get 20-30 folders per visit (depending upon the store.) So of course I made multiple trips.

I actually needed at least 125 folders for this school year because we use a different folder for each science unit that we study in 5th grade. Plus I can always use extra folders for Guided Reading groups.

It only took me 2 trips and my amazing mom 4 trips... but we successfully got bags full of folders. Now if I was smart(er) then I would've waited until today and saved another 3 cent per 10 folders on sales tax. Oh well!

Happy shopping to you on this tax free weekend!
The Penny Pinching Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment