Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday Meltdown: Field Trip Idea Emergency

Who would've thought that the hardest part of the school year for a teacher isn't actually preparing for the EOGs but is quite possibly a whole nother (like that southern coming out) preparation instead... field trips!

I'm in charge of my grade level's one big field trip this coming year and I thought I had gotten lucky and not drawn the short straw (IST rep or Science Chair) but who am I kidding. What in the world have I gotten myself into?! The school year is still a month away from starting and I'm already stressing out about this epic field trip. This task would be much easier if I could narrow down my decision on the destination.

The reason why I am jumping into this planning head first is because the Target Field Trip Grant applications start on August 1st and I want to make sure that I have my grant proposal completed before school starts back and life gets hectic once again. Target offers up to $700 to help fund educational field trips to those lucky applicants who are chosen.
 I teach 5th Grade in NC so I am looking for a field trip that will not only fit our standard course of study but also keep us within the state lines. Science seems to be the subject to go to when coordinating field trips with curriculum so I've come up with a few ideas but I would love to get your input!

Where have you taken your students on a field trip? What destination do you think would be perfect for the 5th Grade? I'd love to hear your ideas!

Thank you in advance,
The Penny Pinching Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment